Back in September I posted my predictions for both the East and West WHL conferences.
Looking back now, not too bad; 7 of 8 correct playoff teams in the East including Edmonton, Calgary and Swift Current in their correct seeding. In the West, 6 of 8 playoff teams.
Every year there are a couple teams I badly underestimate and a couple I overestimate. This year I don't think anyone predicted that Lethbridge would implode like they did and I certainly expected better from Kamloops. Tri-City and Prince Albert both made the playoffs but I expected more from both clubs.
Now it's time for the playoffs so let's get right to the first round predictions...
(1) Edmonton Oil Kings vs (8) Prince Albert Raiders
|Photo: Andy Devlin|
Edmonton in 6.
(2) Regina Pats vs (7) Brandon Wheat Kings
|Photo: Regina Leader Post|
Brandon in 7.
(3) Calgary Hitmen vs (6) Kootenay Ice
|Photo: Calgary Herald|
Calgary in 6.
(4) Medicine Hat vs (5) Swift Current
|Photo: Swift Current Broncos|
Swift Current in 7.
(1) Kelowna Rockets vs (8) Tri-City Americans
|Photo: Marissa Baecker|
Kelowna in 4.
(2) Portland Winterhawks vs (7) Vancouver Giants
|Photo: Vancouver Province|
Portland in 4.
(3) Victoria Royals vs (6) Spokane Chiefs
|Photo: Spokesman Review|
Victoria in 4.
(4) Seattle Thunderbirds vs (5) Everett Silvertips
|Photo: Jason Kurylo|
Seattle in 7.
Those are MY picks, I look forward to getting yours. Send me a note on Twitter or in the comments below. Tell me if you agree or disagree and why!