Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swift Decisions?

One of my WHL sources passed this along to me last night while we were on the air during The Pipeline Show. I mentioned it on the air and thought I would jot it down here as well.

Word is Swift Current is close to filling it's vacant Head Coach/G.M. position after Dean Chynoweth took as assistant coaching job with the New York Islanders. Speedy creek is apparently down to 2 scenarios. One would have former Oilers forward Mark Lamb coming in and pulling double duty. Lamb was most recently in the Dallas Stars organization, but I can't find his name anywhere on the Stars website so he might have a been a casualty of the new regime. Speaking of Dallas, nice to see former Red Deer Rebel Jeff Woywitka sign there for 2 years. There were nights when Woywitka's skating reminded me of Ray Bourque. Then again there were nights when his decision making made me think of Homer Simpson.

The Other scenario that Swift I'm told is looking at is moving Sheldon Ferguson up from Assistant G.M. to the main position with John Becanic as the bench boss. Becanic was last a head coach with Everett until being let go last April. He was the 'tips head coach for 2 years and was with the team for a total of 6.

No comments: