Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Falcons Add to the Nest

~
I missed this one earlier on Tuesday because I was getting ready for our show but, according to the Springfield Falcons website, the Oilers have signed both Charles Linglet and Jamie Bates to new AHL deals.

Here is the official release from the Falcons.

Several weeks ago I told you that the plan for the Falcons this summer revolved around the signing of 3 key AHL players. Whether it was going to be 2 forwards and 1 blueliner or 2 defencemen and one forward, it didn't really matter.

With Dean Arsene added to the backend, Edmonton has delivered a veteran influence for Springfield's young defensive corps. Chris Minard and Charles Linglet (pictured) are offensive threats at the AHL level.

Linglet is coming off of 3 successful AHL seasons that saw him score 31 goals in 2006-07, 24 times in 2007-08 and 7 in 21 games last year with Springfield (on pace for 26).

Details on the contract, length and price, were not available.

Are they done? I'm not sure but personally I would still like to see Edmonton land Alex Giroux to really give the Falcons a two-line punch that would be hard to match at the AHL level. I believe that tough guy Guillaume Lefebvre might still find his way back to the Falcons as well.

3 comments:

Bryanbryoil said...

Linglet is a very good signing IMO he was the Falcons best player down the stretch. I'd also like to see them resign Lefebvre. Seems like they are ready to try to ice a much better team this year. Hopefully they can be a solid team this year. Any word on if Trukhno is leaving for sure?

Guy Flaming said...

Nope. I haven't talked to anyone for a while, been on semi-holidays.

I'll look into Trukhno news and see if anything has changed.

Bryanbryoil said...

Thanks Guy