"Coming Down The Pipe!"
They're the first 4 words we utter on every edition of The Pipeline Show as we intro the program by verbally setting the table with the names of our guests for the evening. It's also the title we decided on for the Blog and we think it's a fine name. However, since starting up the blog I've come to the realization that there are 2 problems:
1) The top of our page here sucks... we need a fancy banner.
2) Dean and I are only slightly ahead of monkeys on the evolutionary scale meaning if one of use were to "create" a banner it would more than likely involve paper, crayons and a piece of scotch tape to strategically stick it on the monitor covering the monstrosity you currently see up there.
This is where YOU the loyal listener/reader comes in. We know that you photoshop geniuses can do a way better job than we ever could so we want you to design our banner by entering this new online contest.
Elements it must include are:
- The Pipeline Show logo
- The "Coming Down the Pipe!" blog name
- The show's Red, Black and White colour scheme
Other things that will help you win...
- something creative that tells people at a glance that this is a blog for a radio show.
- the cooler the graphics the better.
- somehow incorporating the time and day the show can be heard yet without making the banner look cluttered.
- Making Guy look more important than Dean. (ok, that one is a joke... probably)
That's about it. What's in it for you? How about a Pipeline Show hat or toque? If you live in the Edmonton area then perhaps there's a beer in it for you, if not, we'll mail out the lid of your choice.
If you have any questions or need the show's logo image, I have that and can supply to you with an email request that you send to firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll leave the contest open until we get something good or at least better than what's up there now. Feel free to mention this on other blogs/messageboards/sites whatever.
Good Luck and please, help us to look like we know what we're doing here.